The blog, the facebook page, my clients.. all have been abnormally quiet… silent.. the last month. But I’m guessing I’m not the only mom who sees the month of May and starts to have a little panic attack. We’ve had an overload of kid stuff, combined with a very random assortment of (massive) little projects I’ve taken on at one time or another (can you say self-destructive?) that all seemed to be wrapping up at the exact. same. time. Rather than bore you with the details, I’ve got an Instagram update.. short and sweet and to the point. Because I know that’s about all ANYONE has time for these days!
(by the way, if you’re on instagram, I’d love for you to find me there.. follow the chaos live in action! @annbeck)
So here it is, one month of life on the farm… brace yourself
1. Got three bunnies! Such sweet little pets, the girls were over the moon.
2. Lost one bunny. It was a beautiful service, he was euolgized by EK and buried to his favorite song, the theme from the Muppets.
3. Replace the fallen bunny with a goat. Why? I HAVE NO IDEA. This was a daddy decision. He’s actually very friendly, loves to sit in laps and go for walks on leashes. And has saved us hundreds in lawn work!
4. There were soccer games. Lots of soccer games.
5. Welcomed a new nephew! Sweet baby Charlie. And my girls cannot wait to stick their fingers in his mouth.
6. (not pictured) Organized a banquet for our high school honoring the top 10% of the graduating class. Such a huge undertaking THERE ARE NO PICTURES. Seriously. That should say something. But it was an amazing event that I was honored to be a part of, and really enjoyed all of the long hours.
7. Long day-in-the-life session at Cook Children’s to celebrate their new Dodson Specialty Clinic building. Gorgeous facility, darling kids.. sore feet!
8. Crews came to dig a pond in the back of the property. Pond is modest. Lake. Sink hole. Crater. Giant hole, with an even more giant pile of dirt next to it.
9. Girls and their friends figured out the empty pond has just enough water to be a mud bath. Still washing dirt out of the bathtub from that day…
10. Same crews dug a hole to bury the trampoline. Hooray for cute jumping pictures! Not hooray for the second huge pile of dirt in the yard.
11. Sweet Baby made her first communion. Don’t get me started on how big she is, how few of the growing up milestones are left.. already verklempt just looking at the picture again.
12. Did I mention there were soccer games?
13. End of the year means track day, spelling bee, parties and field trips. Times three means PHEW!
14. Golf tournament for our Educational Foundation. In the middle of a thunderstorm. Fore!
15. Helped my BFF get elected to the school board for Grapevine-Colleyville ISD. The three or four month process was light years more involved and complex than I expected, but I am BEYOND proud of her and know she’s going to be amazing! I, on the other hand, have dismissed any future political ambitions, as I have neither the energy or enthusiasm to keep it up like she did.
16. Mother’s Day! Clearly I am teaching them well.. to enjoy trashy reality tv? Either way, hooray for moms, frazzled and dysfunctional as we may be!
If you’re still with me.. you win a gold star! Your reward is the return of sneak peeks, house updates, and all the great, informative things you have come to expect from the blog! Happy May!